Friday, January 10, 2014

LIES SPREAD TRUTH HIDES

So Friday night and I'm on Facebook.  Yeah I rock.

I came across a post that someone had and it went a little something like this:


And I looked up on Snopes to see if it was true and as usual like most of these posts, it was phony baloney.

The amount of things that get reposted on Facebook is intriguing to me.  You always read fantastic stories like this one, the one about the girl being pushed into the sewer, the Heineken sponsored dog fight, did Phil Robertson make this quote, and on, and on, and on.

The hilarious thing about all of this is that people will post this bullshit without checking into it.  Much like news organizations nowadays.  We live in a culture where we are reactionary.  I will admit to be the king of reactionary about lots of things.  I wear my hear on my sleeve.  I talk to much.  I speak from the heart about stuff I shouldn't talk about.  I bother people.  I annoy them.  LOL.

However, if I was working in a news setting (which I have in the past) I don't go forward without sources.  I make sure my facts are backed up and that no one will be able to pin me in a corner for my story.  Hell, I even research before making a claim on facebook screwing around with friends.

This is not the point of the story.  The point is how much bullshit gets thrown in our face to distract us from the real problems in life.  I really think E News does a great job of distraction.  Sports reporting has become a facade of crap over the years.  And then of course our mainstream media reports on things on a need to know basis.  Rather than report on real stories, they choose to give us crap about red states versus blue states.

I digress from my actual point.  I think we know the world is one giant hot mess.  We can question our climate cycles.  We know our government is 4 cans short of a six pack.  There are many people who shame us as Americans that are actors, but think they're political activists.  There is only one thing you can do about this.

Focus on you.

Focus on keeping your family fed, clothed, smart, and educated.  Focus on keeping yourself happy and healthy.  Focus on taking care of your own business.

Facebook can be fun, but always question what you are finding there.

And always question what you are finding in life as well.

Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing-Euripides


Mike C



No comments:

Post a Comment