Wednesday, January 22, 2014

AWAKE AND DREAMING

Its 1 am, I should have gone to sleep hours ago, but nope.  Still awake.  However, I will be passing out here shortly.  The thought of me passing out made me think of an idea to share with you.  A thought.  A question.
Do you have dreams?

You can answer either when you are sleeping or awake.  Literally or figuratively.

The literal sense of the dream is what I will be experiencing as soon as I get done here.  I mean, you go to sleep, your mind paints a video for you, and you wake up wondering what just happened.  Perhaps you may get lucky and see Dominick Cobb in your dream trying to teach you how to steal information.

But those are not the dreams we are talking about here.  Those are not the dreams that will keep you alive.  Those are dreams that simply tell you that you're breathing.

No the dreams I am talking about are hopes, aspirations, goals.

What do you want to do?  What is your mission?  What is your passion?  WHAT IS YOUR DREAM?

We just celebrated Martin Luther King Jr day.  He had a dream.  It was literal but it also deals with what I am talking about here.

So do this, write down your dream.  Your hope.  What you would like to do with your life?  What do you want to accomplish?  And once you get one down, then write more.  Hopefully you have a long list.

Dreams are what make this world go around.  Without dreams and goals, we don't have ambition to make them reality.  Without direction, we stand still.  Without hope, we live in doubt.  Without light, we stay in darkness.  Without destiny, we accept where we are.

And maybe for some of you, that's what you want, and that's OK.

However, I will tell you this.  I have dreams for me and my family.  I have visions of greatness for my two daughters.  I want to make my girls smile.  I want to make people laugh, cry, and think...and most importantly dream.  Dream of what life would be like if they would allow themselves a chance to get uncomfortable to make positive changes.

My final thought: if you stop dreaming, you stop living.  Take that one to heart, because that is where all hopes and dreams begin.

Mike C

No comments:

Post a Comment