Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DON'T GIVE UP

Just a friendly piece of advice.

No matter what you do in this world.  Whether you are working on something as simple as a puzzle or something as complicated as a marriage.  Don't give up.

I usually play Where's My Water 2 with Jersey before we go to bed at night.  Sometimes I will get frustrated at a board.  Jersey reminds me "daddy, Casernos don't give up."

You shouldn't either.

Especially when it comes to the game of life.

Everyday our temperature of the day swings both ways.  Sometimes good and sometimes bad.  We tend to focus on the temperature and not the climate.  Have you ever asked yourself "is all this bad shit that happened to me today going to ruin my life?"  Yeah me either.  I am quite black and white and impulsive.  However, I suggest let's get on it together.

Our moods can change because someone cut us off on the way to work.  A co worker decided to give us a hard time.  I heard a song on the radio that reminded me of something bad.  These are triggers.  They are neutral.  The thing that's nice about a trigger is you make the decision whether to pull it or not.

Are you going to cock the hammer?  Is it time for action?

Perhaps you may.  That is easier and requires much less effort than to consciously think about how you can handle the situation differently or walk away.  Pulling the trigger is giving up.  Walking away is not.

I am throwing down a challenge to myself and to anyone who reads this.  Let's see if we can walk away.  Let's see if we can hold it down.  If we can, its Miller time baby.

Get some six packs ready because I'm going to try this and I will win.

Because I am not a quitter.

Are you?


Mike C

No comments:

Post a Comment